As this situation is evolving we will update content as needed.
Our offices are OPEN to provide essential and critical care to our orthopaedic patients. To limit the spread and exposure to COVID-19, and based on guidance from the CDC and government agencies, we have put in place a limited schedule in our offices, to see patients with urgent problems.
To help ALL of our patients, we are set-up and available to offer our patients a Telemedice visit via TeleHealth or Virutal Check-Ins..
TeleHealth allows our Physicians and medical providers to deliver convenient care through audio and video technology in real time to you.
A Virtual Check-In is available to patients to do not have access to a smart phone, tablet, laptop, desktop with webcam, or any other means of displaying video. Additionally, a Virtual Check-In allows our Physicians and medical providers to deliver convenient care through audio technology in real time to you.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to schedule appointments for either an office visit or a Telemedicine Visit please call us at (414) 276-6000.
Milwaukee Orthopaedic Patients,
The health and well being of our patients, staff, and community is our first priority. Amidst growing concern around Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking all the CDC recommendations and precautions to prevent viral transmission to ensure your safety in our facilities.
What Milwaukee Orthopaedic Group is Doing
- Our staff will be contacting all patients prior to their scheduled office visits in order to reiterate and confirm a health status check as recommended by the CDC.
- Patients presenting with COVID-19 symptoms - fever, cough and/or shortness of breath - will be rescheduled per CDC guidelines and their referring MD will be notified.
- Patients that currently live with someone with COVID-19 symptoms - fever, cough and/or shortness of breath - will be rescheduled per CDC guidelines and their referring MD will be notified.
- Those Patients who fall into a “high risk” category, including patients who have travelled, even if they are asymptomatic, will be asked to reschedule their appointment 14 days from the date of their current appointment.
- Out of an abundance of caution, Milwaukee Orthopaedic Group will be recommending that patients over the age of 65, as well as patients with known immunocompromised conditions such as Cancer and Diabetes, consider rescheduling their appointments as well. We will be offering Telemedicine visits for patients over the age of 65.
- We always follow the highest level of OSHA sanitization guidelines. We have enhanced these preventative measures in order to protect our staff, patients and the community at large against any additional risk factors associated with the spread of COVID-19.
Health Status Monitoring
- We have initiated an “Active Monitoring Schedule” for all staff Members to ensure that our responsibility towards your scheduled visit starts long before you walk through our doors. Through active and consistent self monitoring, we will contribute to maintaining the highest possible levels of risk mitigation while providing essential musculoskeletal health services for you during this national emergency.
- In accordance with changes in hospital and ambulatory surgery center policies, your surgeon may be contacting you to reschedule or postpone current elective procedures
We appreciate everyone’s support and understanding as we help care for you and at the same time keeping our community healthy.